The Event (23.01.2021)
2020 has been a incredibly challenging year for everyone. As we entered our third lockdown at the start of 2021, numerous sporting events had been delayed or postponed. I felt it was an opportunity to create a safe, fun and virtual running event that people can look forward to. Plus if we can have some fun and raise some money for an amazing Charity that would be a huge bonus!
Mind is a mental health Charity which is supporting so many people during this especially very challenging time. Mind provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Mind campaigns to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding of mental health.
Gorilla Robes a business that I started in 2020 and a platform that I want to use to make the world a better, healthier and more environmentally friendly place. I believe that businesses fundamentally have the time, money and resources to change the world but very few actually to do so.
The Event Briefing
1. Pick your lucky teammates (there need to be three of you in a team)
2. Invite your team mates to like the event on Facebook below
3. If you would like to donate your race entry (it can be any amount) please see the just giving page here:
4. Register for the event below
5. Using your smart watch, app or phone run/jog or walk your 7km route. Times can be recorded using your smart watch or Strava or other APP and then uploaded with your times
6. Please post the results below
7. Results will be posted on the Facebook event group on Saturday night
8. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday, 7 people will be randomly selected (like a raffle) and given a free ECO changing robe
23rd Jan 2021
Run your individual 7km at any time between 8am and 8pm